-Description-
______________
And every hour of every day I'm learning more
The more I learn, the less I know about before
The less I know, the more I want to look around
Digging deep for clues on higher ground
Plucked from the jungles of south-east Asia, chickens have been kept by humans for at least 4,000 years. At first they were bred for cock fights, so were a source of gruesome entertainment before they were killed for
food.
The past 50 years have seen dramatic changes in the way chickens are kept and their body shape has been drastically altered by genetic selection. But, as breeding has focused on physical production, their biological
instincts remain. When returned to the wild, domestic chickens soon begin to behave like their jungle-fowl ancestors.
Broiler chickens are the most widely farmed animal. 40 billion are killed worldwide every year. Broiler rearing is now the most intensified and automated type of livestock production.