<Welcome to the Bakery>

 

 

 

 

 

 

-Description-
______________
And every hour of every day I'm learning more
The more I learn, the less I know about before
The less I know, the more I want to look around
Digging deep for clues on higher ground

'Higher Ground', UB40


-Old Bakes-
______________

May 2003 June 2003 July 2003 August 2003 September 2003 October 2003 November 2003 December 2003 January 2004 February 2004 March 2004 April 2004 May 2004 June 2004 July 2004 November 2004 December 2004 April 2005 May 2005 July 2005 August 2005 November 2006

-Baker's Picks-
______________
name?
name?
name?


-Baker's Tools-
______________
name?
name?
name?


-Powered By-
______________

 

-Designed By-
______________

 


   
Tuesday, December 23  

Yippee...today's the start of my 1.5 week long break. Hmm, already, many of my days this week are booked. Man, I hope I won't just burn the days aways playing, but will get some productive work done as well.

*******************************************************************
I finally manage to go for Ultimate pickup yesterday. Felt kinda apprehensive, cos I haven't played for so long - rusty throws, pai seh to meet my team-mates. But, things turned out to be quite fun!
The field was really wet & muddy. As like most wet days, not many ppl came down. Which means each of us got more play time. Which also mean it would be a shagedelic game. Running on an open field, chasing a ball/disc is really fun. Running on an open field, chasing a ball/disc, trampling in muddy puddles, getting damp & dirty - that's really really FUN! I slipped & slided during a chase; so I was muddy head to toe. Even the white undies I was wearing turned muddy brown!
Spoke to 1 of my team-mates, Raphael. Told him how rotten I felt. He was encouraging &, maybe I won't quit the team afterall...
Made a new fren, Shane, a South African. He just reached S'pore from Taiwan on Sat, & he came all the way to Bishan Park to play frisbee on Sun. Wow...Had a great talk with him too. Irish Guiness, durians, jobs, studies, dreams...
********************************************************************

I met my Ai Ren for dinner. Had great prata & kway teow goreng at The Roti Prata House in Upper Thomson Rd. Yum yum...After prata, we walked down the road, looking for a place to sit down & get a drink.
We walked, & walked, & walked...never quite finding a nice chill-out place. Upper Thomson road is lovely - its one of my most favourite places in S'pore. There's just an abundance of trees with long lush branches & oranged trunks that line the road. For a long long stretch, its only 'forest' by the side; even the buildings you get are low-rised and sparse. For such a broad road, the traffic is low- the cars really cruise along, nice & cool. It is, a beautiful aisle of a road.
So, my Ai Ren & I took a slow romantic stroll - past old Springleaf camp, past Mrs Ismail's house, past the road into Mandai Zoo, past Mt Pleasant Animal Clinic, past Sembawang Airbase, past Katib Camp, past 1st Guard Camp, past Chomp Pang Mac, pass AirDef Camp - all the way to Yishun Interchange (!). I said this was a very healthy dinner programme. He said 'Nay'. He figured the walk only burnt 100++ calories, wheras the plate of kway teow we had alone was already 300++ calories. Fine... =0(
Its impressive, wat a gentleman my Ai Ren has become. =0)

Then, I met up with Yaoming for supper at amk S11. Its funny - we met in NJ, but never talked; we met again in KR C-blk, but only talked briefly; but since bumping into each other in S11 in Sept, we've started to chat & crap. Cool...
Not easy, to find a friend post-sec-sch who lives so close to my place. Keke...I have a new supper buddy!

   [ posted by toast @ 2:22 AM ] [ ]