<Welcome to the Bakery>

 

 

 

 

 

 

-Description-
______________
And every hour of every day I'm learning more
The more I learn, the less I know about before
The less I know, the more I want to look around
Digging deep for clues on higher ground

'Higher Ground', UB40


-Old Bakes-
______________

May 2003 June 2003 July 2003 August 2003 September 2003 October 2003 November 2003 December 2003 January 2004 February 2004 March 2004 April 2004 May 2004 June 2004 July 2004 November 2004 December 2004 April 2005 May 2005 July 2005 August 2005 November 2006

-Baker's Picks-
______________
name?
name?
name?


-Baker's Tools-
______________
name?
name?
name?


-Powered By-
______________

 

-Designed By-
______________

 


   
Friday, February 6  

Eeeekkkk.....Write write, I need to write!

I saw yesterday a magnificent sight. By the mini landscaped garden of some blocks of flat, I saw a wrinkled sagging-tummied half-dressed old man, as you would find any other day (since slacking days away in void deck benches are such favourite past-time of our senior citizens!). But, my man here was juggling green tennis balls (!), very prettily. Sure made me smile...

T'is the day of 'spring-cleaning'. Opened up my rusty Guides cookie tin boxes. Inside I've kept cards, letters & more cards. I don't remember having ever received so many mails before! Near clean forgotten. So accustomed to intangible speedy emails & e-cards & smses am I....
It's amazing. I am like pretty overwhelmed by emotions & wonder right now.
I found...
letters from kids I got to know in 2,3,5-day camps...
handmade cards from Sun & Dunlin...
a sweet-17-birthday card from Baoling...
birthday cardS from Baolong (1 with present still enclosed)...
letters from Mr Chew(!), Mr Hairon(!!), Camp Discovery's Stephen(!!!)...
Wow.....

The old cards & letters reminded me of what wealth I had had; & unknowlingly let slipped thru my fingers...
With each passing year, each new stage, I'll meet new ppl. I enjoy that - learning new things, building new ties. As I sail along in life, I also drift further away from things I once held dear, & close. This lament of losing touch with old friends is nothing new. But it is still a big shame nonetheless....

   [ posted by toast @ 1:01 AM ] [ ]